Right of withdrawal for consumers (A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for neither predominantly commercial nor self-employed purposes.)
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without providing any reason.
The revocation period is 14 days from the day,
– on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken or has taken possession of the goods, if you have ordered one or more goods as part of a collective order and these are or will be delivered as a whole;
– on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken or has taken possession of the remaining goods, if you have ordered several goods as part of a single order and these are delivered separately;
– on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken or has taken possession of the last part of the consignment or the last piece, if you have ordered goods that are delivered in several part consignments or pieces;
– on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken or has taken possession of the initial goods, insofar as goods are supplied as part of an order for regular delivery over a fixed period of time.
To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must notify us (BERTRAND Food GmbH, Hansestr. 3, 59590 Geseke, telephone no.: 052589777325, email address: email@example.com) by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email) of your decision to revoke this contract. You can use the attached sample cancellation form, but this is not mandatory.
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is necessary for you to send your communication regarding your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the cancellation period expires.
Consequences of Cancellation
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse you all payments we have received from you, including delivery charges (except for additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the most cost-effective standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and no later than 14 days from the day on which we received the notification of your withdrawal from this contract. For this refund, we shall use the same means of payment that you used in the original transaction, unless otherwise expressly agreed; under no circumstances will you be charged any fees for this refund.
We can refuse the refund until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever comes first. You must return or hand over the goods to us immediately and in any case no later than 14 days from the day on which you notify us of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline will be met if you send the goods before the expiry of the period of 14 days. You bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
You only have to pay for any loss in value of the goods if this loss in value is due to handling of the goods that is not necessary for testing the condition, properties and functionality of the goods.
Reasons for exclusion or expiry
The right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts
– for the delivery of goods which are not prefabricated and for the production of which an item has been individually selected or determined by the consumer or which is clearly tailored to the consumer’s personal requirements;
– for the delivery of goods that can spoil quickly or whose expiration date would exceed quickly;
– for the delivery of alcoholic beverages, the price of which was agreed upon at the time of the conclusion of the contract, but which can be delivered no earlier than 30 days after the conclusion of the contract and the current value of which depends on fluctuations in the market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
– for the delivery of newspapers, periodicals or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts.
The right of withdrawal expires prematurely in the case of contracts
– for the delivery of sealed goods that are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene if their seal has been removed after delivery;
– for the delivery of goods if they have been inseparably mixed with other goods after delivery due to their composition;
– for the delivery of audio or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package, if the seal was removed after delivery.
Sample cancellation form
(If you want to cancel the contract, please fill out this form and send it back.)
– To BERTRAND Food GmbH, Hansestr. 3, 59590 Geseke, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org :
– I/we (*) hereby revoke the contract concluded by me/us (*) for the purchase of the following goods (*)/ The provision of the following service (*)
– Ordered on (*)/ received on (*)
– Name of the consumer(s)
– Address of the consumer(s)
– Signature of consumer(s) (only in case of printed communication)
(*) Remove as appropriate.